Re: [gnome-db] win32 build working at last..

Fernando Martins wrote:

Alan Knowles wrote:
Full instructions on how to build it, download it etc.

http://www.akbkhome.com/blog.php/View/52/libgda+on+windows.html

From your notes:
"After trying out a few compilers (including MSVC, dev-cpp, cygwin) I
settled on using mingw and cross compiling on linux."

What chances of having it compiling natively on Windows using MingW?
That should be pretty simple - it's just a matter of adjusting the paths and tweaking the ucmd() method in builder.

It was just alot easier to do on unix for me.

And also:
"Other than this, there is a little fun involved in getting the mysql
backend to build"

Why did you not use a binary win mysql?
the libgda driver for mysql needs to link against the libmySQl.dll, unfortunatly that dll didnt have a .def / .a file that mingw seemed to want.. - thats what it referes to - I didnt actually build the mysql client lib.. - just linked the libgda code against the mysql binary dll.

Regards
Alan

Fernando