Re: [gnome-db] Studying the posibility to add parametrized statements

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:36:42 +0200
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:12 +0000, Jeronimo Albi wrote:
> > I've been studying the posibility to add parametrized statements to
> > libgda, but the modifications needed are important, so I'd need some
> > advise :-).
> >
> > These are the steps i thought:
> >
> > 1. Set gda_command text with the parametrized statement.
> > 2. Somehow, prepare the statement to let the provider get parameters
> >     info (like parameters data type), and construct a list with
> >     "parameter objects".
> > 3. Set parameter values (using some gda_command method).
> > 4. Finally execute gda_command.
> >
> > This method would need:
> >
> > 1. gda_command_prepare (), gda_command_get_parameter (),
> >     gda_command_parameter_count (), gda_command_get_parameter_list (),
> >     some execute method form parametrized statements and so no.
> >
> this sounds good.
>
> > 2. A new class named sql_parameter, command_parameter, cmd_parameter,
> >     or any other name :-), to manage parameters.
> >
> we already have GdaParameter, so we can just reuse and/or extend that
> one.

  I saw it, i thougth it was used for another part of the library :).
  So i'll be using/extending GdaParameter then.

> > 3. A set of functions to let providers process parametrized statements.
> > 4. To add GDA_CONNECTION_FEATURE_PARAMETRIZED_SQL or similar.
> >
> > Is this right ?
> >
> > Seems like a lot of work :-D.
> > I would really apreciate any comment.
> >
> it looks great, and as it is a lot of work, please keep it out of CVS
> until we get 1.2 out (in a couple of weeks at most).

  No problem, i wont post changes. I'll need some time too anyway :).

  Regards.

--
Jeronimo Albi
Linux User #345522