Re: [gnome-db] Future characteristic

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 22:43:58 -0500, Daniel Espinosa Ortiz
<esodan yahoo com mx> wrote:
> I think we will need Widgets to manage a Fields, may useful when you
> create a gnome_db_form.
>
> The you have gnome_db_text, gnome_db_date, and one for any GdaValue type
> exist. this Widget may have an associated Label, and some methods.

I've already created such a class, but for libmergeant (can't be used
as-is for libgnomedb because it requires the data dictionnary
libmergeant maintains). If you want to have a look, the classes are
MgDataEntry (the actual base class for widget to be found in a form)
and MgDataHandler (a base non widget class to convert between SQL,
user and GdaValue some values).

If we want one day to make libmergeant and libgnomedb closer, then I
think we should have a kind of framework for form entry widgets in
libgnomedb which libmergeant will improve on (I say "improve" because
it has a finer view of the data types, etc because of the data
dictionnary it maintains).

Cheers,