Re: [gnome-db] releasing libgda 1.2

El sáb, 25-09-2004 a las 06:41, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> Hi
>
> There have been a lot of fixes in CVS HEAD (1.1.x) that are not in 1.0.
> So I was thinking on releasing 1.2 and make it our current stable
> version.
>
> So, my plan, unless someone has something against it, is to release
> libgda 1.1.99 next weekend (1/2 October) and 1.2 a couple of weeks
> later.
>
> There are not ongoing changes that might break the API/stability of the
> current code in CVS HEAD, so hence the short time for the 1.2 release.
>
> So, unless someone complains, the plan is to put all the pending
> changes/patches in CVS HEAD, and freeze next weekend after the 1.1.99
> release. I am right now going to check all my pending mail and bugzilla
> and apply all the pending patches there.
>
> Once we release 1.2, I'll branch in CVS and we can continue adding new
> features to CVS HEAD as always.
>
> So, what do people think about it? Should we give more time for the 1.2
> release?

Ok, just a point, when I try to use the gnome_db_form I see a missing
futures:

- The user can't update the Data

- I already make a change were you can hide the navigations buttons,
becouse may you have a subform that depends on and other (I'll send and
example program)

- I've added a the functionality to notify when the user change (press a
navigation button) the row; I use it to update the subform.

- I think the gnome_db_form need to have a property where the user can
distribute the fields in columns (it's useful when there are a lot)
and/or  limit the number of items to show in a given column.

- I'm testing a porting of gnome_db_combo_box, to use the new
GtkComboBox instead of the old GtkCombo, and want to add a notify of
event when you change the selection, to update a subform then.

- I have some functions where you can convert the data in a
gnome_date_edit widget to GdaValue and back to gnome_date_edit.

- I added a function to GdaDataModel object, where you can get the
Primary_Key of a Model; I think will be useful when you want to have a
data showed in a gnome_combo_box and it isn't the Primary_key (may be is
the description or name), then you can get the model of that widget and
then the primary_key.

As you see, the work is to have an infrastructure to create easily a
rich forms, where the user can work and created with a few code.

If we have a gnome_db_form that can update the data (through the
gda_data_model_update method or other), the program is as easy as you'll
see, with a few lines of code.

Future characteristics:

- Port the GdaValue to use an "standart" values as in GObject, the a
GdaValue will have a GDate, GTime, and you can use the framework of
GObject to work with: in the examples I'll send, you'll see how you may
have problems to port the functions on gnome_date_edit to/from GdaValue
to Win32 may because we need Uni* libraries.

To send the path, please can any help me to have access to the CVS,
behind a proxy server?

--
Daniel Espinosa Ortiz <esodan yahoo com mx>