Re: [gnome-db] GDA: segfault!!! (what did I do wrong???)

Hello,

I ran a backtrace and the problem seemed to be in glib. After that, my
postgresql
server simply won't start (maybe the postgresql provider broke
something). So now
I am using the same code with the mysql provider and it works fine.
Rodrigo, thanks
for letting me know about the backtrace stuff.

My problem now is that my create table statements don't work with mysql 3
(because mysql 3 doesn't get CHECK and ON UPDATE statements etc...,
so I'm getting version 4.1 of mysql, and then we'll see. BTW, given that
libgda is middleware, I should be able to provide libgda with those
statements and libgda would take care of say, when I have a
cascade statement, carrying out the cascade for me even
when mysql doesn't support it right?

Sorry I can't issue a proper bug report. As I said, postgresql won't start
from the /etc/init.d/postgresql start any more, but maybe that was my
own fault cause of some other stupid thing I did.

Thank you for explaining,

I'd like to grasp whether libgda is intended to "transform" my "standard SQL"
statements into "vendor-specific SQL" statements.

Thanks,

Neil