Re: [gnome-db] GDA_VALUE_TYPE_MONEY

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 12:16 -0700, Neil Zanella wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With regards to:
>
> GDA_VALUE_TYPE_MONEY
>
> How can this be portable. The MONEY data type is not part of
> the SQL standard for all I know. Hence some vendors will not
> implement it. Under such vendors you're forced to use the
> NUMERIC data type. So, can I, and should I, retrieve a
> numeric data type meant to store monetary values with
> the GDA_VALUE_TYPE_MONEY macro or not?

if the associated column in the table is of that type, yes. It all
depends on the provider, if it knows how to map whatever type to MONEY,
then it should do it internally and return to the client a column of
that type. If not, it should use whatever type the DBMS uses
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>