[gnome-db] XML Queries Proposal

Hello,

I had a quick glance at the following document on XML Queries:

http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/white-papers/xml-queries.php

I would like to request that the proposal be augmented with a mechanism for
embedding parameter variables in this SQL syntax. For instance, in Java you
can define a prepared query with question marks standinf for parameters. But
Just for instance:

SELECT foo FROM JoesTable WHERE joesbar = $joesbar.

But something more even more general is needed. I haven't thought about
it in great detail (YET), but I am going to need this sometime soon if I am
going to use XML syntax for SQL (so I can neatly embed SQL in the rest
of my XML file format (which users use to describe behavior of data
driven applications). Perhaps something like:

<!ELEMENT variable ...

<!ATTLIST vairable name ... data ... >

A separate module worries about deciding what the meaning of variable
is and fills them out according to whatever way the program that parses
the files with embedded XML Queries does with them.

So please add similar functionality to the DTD.

Also, table names need to be IDREF to table structures
saved by mergeant in XML format. Same goes for
attribute values.

Best Regards and thanks!

(gotta go...)

Neil