Re: [gnome-db] gnome-database-properties

 --- Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> escribió:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 15:06 +0100, Vivien Malerba
> wrote:
> > I've started cleaning the Libgnomedb for unused
> objects and widgets,
> > and I was wondering why the
> gnome-database-properties does display the
> > list of tables, instead of just being able to test
> if the connection
> > is OK (as it used to do some time ago).
> >
> > I think that the gnome-database-properties program
> should be kept to
> > the minimum which is managing the connections
> declarations and testing
> > if the connections can be opened.
> >
> > If you have no problem with that, I'll simplify
> the code to only show
> > if the connection to a datasource is possible.
> >
> well, I think we might need a read-only tool to view
> data in the
> database. This tools is used by gnumeric and abiword
> also, and helps a
> lot to have the data available for simple
> inspection.
>
> So, I would vote to leave it as it is. Probably, the
> interface should
> get better.
> --
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>

I think, is good idea to have a Test Button, where the
user can check if the configuration is ok. And a
Button to navigate throught the data, the the peaple
can see some data in the data base.

As a future characteristic, this can be sustituted by
to lunch an application (may be mergeant) to
configurate the data base. Of course may can exist a
button for "Configure the Data Base" or some thing
like it, to lunch that application.

=====

Trabajar es la mejor arma para tu superación.