Re: [gnome-db] Win 32 make files.

Thanks for the makefiles. Does it need any headers and libs other than mingw standard ones? Does it need makefiles for providers done as well?
Alan Knowles wrote:

I spent a bit of today looking at makefiles for win32 - basically making the whole win32 build issue nice and simple

As far as I can envision to build either by cross compiling, or on win32 directly you would download the tarball.

a) in cygwin (with mingw installed in C:\mingw - or the standard location)
make -f Makefile.w32.mingw download
make -f Makefile.w32.mingw

b) on linux using cross compile tools..
make -f Makefile.w32.cross download
make -f Makefile.w32.cross

(where download would wget all the dependant dll's etc. for you.)

To implement this - It would mean adding the following files to CVS:
/libgda/Makefile.w32.shared  (currently the generic code in here.)
 http://www.akbkhome.com/svn/libgda/Makefile.w32cross
/libgda/Makefile.w32.cross (currently the non-generic code from the above file) /libgda/Makefile.w32.mingw (similar to .cross, but with paths set up for cygwin/mingw env.)

/libgda/libgda/Makefile.w32
eg. http://www.akbkhome.com/svn/libgda/libsql/Makefile.w32
/libgda/libsql/Makefile.w32
eg. http://www.akbkhome.com/svn/libgda/libsql/Makefile.w32

I'm not quite there yet.. - there are compile issues that need sorting out..

Any thoughts on checking them into CVS? - or any better structure ideas?

Regards
Alan