RE: [gnome-db] Access to last auto_increment value(mysql_insert_id)

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>> you might very well get into trouble with inconsistent data
>> caused by using incorrect IDs.
>
> yes, we probably need to do something...

I don't think libgda can do much about it as this is a limitation of MySQL.

> > BTW, does libgda provide functions to define BEGIN/END of transactions?
> >
> yes, of course.

Then this allows the application developer to play safe. The problem might
occur only if the client uses multithreading over the same connection. I
suggest just to put some remark on the documentation of the function.

Cheers,
Fernando