Re: [gnome-db] Re: Dynamic data queries

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 15:04, Dru wrote:
> Heres the gnome projects and some negitive comments
>
> gnomedb - gnome's approach, a nice db wrapper and widget wrapper. Though
> lacking in the bits in the middle. You can code large db apps with it
> but it involves repetitive work.

I agree that GNOME-DB needs more work, but the advantage is that you can
choose your favorite programming language for the development.

OK, all programming languages are not yet covered, but Ruby bindings are
almost complete, and using such a language you can do real development,
avoid code redundancy and produce maintainable software without any
problem.

Of course, you can replace "Ruby" by "Your favorite language which
supports GNOME-DB".

# GNOME-DB isn't C only!

--
Laurent