[gnome-db] Re: What DWI does [was Re: GnuCash page on GO site]

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 09:45 -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> Suppose I approached the glib gobject folks, and told them that
> they should merge gobjects with libgda.

this does not make any sense. There is really no need for that. If you
want to add extensible stuff to GObjects, you can define generic
interfaces or classes, and then have them implemented somewhere else,
like in libgda, qof, etc

> Its possible that maybe I could use libgda for this instead;
> however, I'm concerned that gnucash uses a number of fancy
> constructs, and so it would be impossible without hacking
> the guts of libgda.  Worse, these hacks might not be accepted
> as patches by the libgda developers.

well, if they are ugly hacks, of course they won't be accepted. If, on
the contrary, are well thought and designed solutions, they will be
accepted immediately.