Re: [gnome-db] Firebird Provider

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 22:21 +0000, Jeronimo Albi wrote:
Hello, I've been working with gnome-db's Firebird support, I added the code necessary to correctly create a database, drop a database, some conection parameters, like SQL
Dialect or Character Code, and change login routine for a more secure one.
Right now I'm having some problems understanding the Recodrset part. How does gda commands work ? I mean, wich are the steps to return data after a command execution.

you need to return a GdaDataModel-based class. For that, you can either
use one of the available ones (GdaDataModelArray/List) or implement your
own custom GdaDataModel-based class. The 2nd is the best solution if you
want full control over the model, like retrieving the rows from the DB
only when clients request it (instead of reading all the rows)

Does any documentation about how to do this exists, or should I continue with revese
ingeneering ? :-)

look at the other providers!! No need for reverse engineering, all the
code is available :) Or continue asking here

cheers
 I'll send a patch with the new code and modifications any time soon,
I think. I want to make some tests before.

 Thanks Rodrigo.