Re: [gnome-db] Precisions for gda_connection_get_last_insert_id()

> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 09:42 +0200, Vivien wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Murray has created bug #143597 which deals with the postgres
>> implementation of the gda_connection_get_last_insert_id() method.
>>
>> I believe that we should change the signature of that method. Please see
>> the bug page on bugzilla for more info and tell me what you think.
>>
> you mean to add the table name? If so, it sounds good to me

Yes, add the table name and also the field name. The field name is
required for example in the case a table hs several "auto increment"
fields.

It is also possible, for the last inserted row, to retreive the value of
the "auto increment" field and also the values of other fields.

This also requires a modification in the implementation of the MySQL version.

Cheers,

Vivien.