[gnome-db] libgda escape_value() and schema retreival

I'm toying with an extension of PHP5 (yes I know someone did it before), however, this ones not a straight binding, more a implementation of pear.php.net/DB_DataObject, using libdba as a backend.

I ran into a number of issues though:
a) I could not find any method to escape strings to send via execute_command http://php.net/mysql_real_escape_string (this is kind of critical) b) gda_connection_get_schema (... TABLE ...) does not seem to return the data using GdaFieldAttributes - this would be extremely usefull for the use I had.
(this looks like a kludge may be needed)

I also noticed the arguments hash for connection_execute_command, appear to be ignored by most drivers.. (is this deliberate, or just something nobody has ever got round to implementing?)

Regards
Alan