Re: [gnome-db] [mergeant] Status ?

Vivien wrote:

Next number will be 1.0.0 :-)

There is still quite a lot of work before 1.0.0!

Is there a roadmap ?
I found http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-db-list/2003-June/msg00067.html
but can't understand purpose of libmergeant vs. libgnomedb

When first used on a data-source, libmergeant creates its dictionnary from
the DBMS, and then can store it to an XML file (which can be used in
subsequent connections to that data-source).

file with name of tables, attributes, etc. ?
where are this files ? (~/.gconf/apps/libgda/Datasources/) ?
if so, file ~/.libgda/config shouldn't be in .gconf dir ?

> [...]

is fresh version in the cvs.gnome repository ?

No, but I'll commit the version I've been working on for some time (I did
not use gnome's CVS because it was not cnvenient and because I've been the
only developer on libmergeant so far).

Understood

and has no interesting feature at the moment.

How can i start to change it ?

-> Do a checkout of the libmergeant module _only_ to build the doc (which
is not yet present in the mergeant module).

which branch ?
in HEAD intresting is only 'mgconf.html'

-> Do a checkout of the mergeant module and start working in the frontend/
dir (not src/ since it is for the old version).

v.0.50.0 ?

 [..advice..]
dictionnary each time the user selects a data-source (use the
extra/mg-db-browser.c file as an example).

Mergeant should also be run with either the name of a data source or the
name of a XML dictionnary to load.

should == can ?

You can use the MgSelector object to provide a treeview like display of
some objects of the dictionnary (tables, etc).

If you need some info, please ask.

I will :-)

--
 <* *> [ Michał 'pingu' Lachowicz              ]
 ^   ^ [ http://home.elka.pw.edu.pl/~mlachowi/ ]