Re: [gnome-db] mergeant cvs build error.

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 15:27, Vivien wrote:
> > main.c:45: warning: implicit declaration of function `setlocale'
> > main.c:45: `LC_ALL' undeclared (first use in this function)
> > main.c:45: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> > main.c:45: for each function it appears in.)
> > make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/murrayc/cvs/gnome26/mergeant/frontend'
> > make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > *** error during stage build of mergeant: could not build module ***
> > [1/1]
>
> This has to do with the i18n and l10n. On my box LC_ALL is defined in
> /usr/include/locale.h (glibc-devel package).

But locale.h does not seem to be included from anywhere. I have no idea
whether that's what should be done though.

>  You can bypass the problem by
> removing the lines between the #ifdef HAVE_NLS lines in main.c if you want
> to test it anyway.
>
> I've never had this problem so I can't help you there: it may be a problem
> on your setup on in mergeant itself. If you find, let me know...

When I #include locale.h, I get this linker error:
../libmergeant/.libs/libmergeant-2.so: undefined reference to
`mg_base_dump'

I'd try a tarball, but I can't seem to find a download link.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com