Re: [gnome-db] Minor API change and MySQL [update/delete]_row

Again, I think we have a terminology mismatch.  So I'll be more
explicit this time.

I *define* a *new* word "PRVD" to mean "anything that manage the
underlying data, whether it's part of libgda package, or written by
end users".  This include all of the following examples you've been
using,

    any data model implementation. ... They can be created, if wanted,
    byan application using libgda.

    yes, but data models can be implemented by anything, not only by
    providers.

    a program could want to create its own data-model-based class, for
    instance.

    if they are implementing a data model.

    Any app can create its data model-based class, and in that case it
    will need those functions.

What I'm asking is separate headers for PRVD functions.  These headers
will be public, i.e. can be #included by the end users.

> But I don't see a need for a separate header.

It's not a need, it's a want.  We want the API to be easy to
learn/use.  New users will appreciate not having wade through
_set_id() or _free_row() in order to find _get_value() in the doc.

Users who _free_row() on rows held by a model will get a compilation
error that the function isn't defined and notice that something is
wrong.  Users who do want to use the function can just #include
gda-row-PRVD.h or gda-row-you-are-managing-data-here-pal.h and things
are fine.