Re: [gnome-db] Minor API change and MySQL [update/delete]_row

> > What happen in non-transactional providers
> >
> in non-transactional providers, it depends on the provider. For
> instance, the XML provider will not save the file until the
> "transaction" hasn't been committed. The LDAP provider might change back
> what it changed on the server, etc

Conceptually, users can think of XML as transactional provider.  I
don't know LDAP so can't say anything, but if want you said it true,
we can change back to rows in the library and let the user
conceptually think of it as a transactional provider.

But the problem remains, what happen in non-transactional providers?
Do we want different beheavior between transactional and non-trans
providers?  I think there's nothing like 'rollback' to do in non-trans
provider.  Isn't this feature trans-specific?

However I look, the function names should be like

  _start_transaction()
  _end_transaction()
  _rollback_transaction()

And clearly state there's nothing to do in non-transactional provider
or auto-commit mode.

> right, this is another problem. Since the model might get changed while
> we are editing it. We probably want to start with the easy case (no
> parallel updates) and then try to add to the providers the ability to
> get notified when things changed, if that can happen when editing.

I must misunderstand you here somehow.  Do you expect the server to
notify all connected clients that it's being updated by other
connections?  Is this even possible with most SQL C API?