Re: [gnome-db] A few bug fix in mysql provider

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 02:51, Paisa Seeluangsawat wrote:

> > > +	/* FIXME:
> > > +	   Can't use mysql_field->def because,
> > > +	     - don't know length of the mysql_field->def (needed for binary data)
> > > +	     - manual says we mysql_field->def isn't set unless we use
> > > +	       mysql_list_fields().  Then it recommend not to use this function,
> > > +	       but instead use "show columns from table_name;".
> > > +
> > > +	       this is same as "describe table_name;" ?
> > > +	gda_field_attributes_set_default_value (attrs, ...);
> > > +	*/
> > >
> > so, you dont set the default value? Then, please add the code to handle
> > it and send a different patch for it. This patch was about fixing a
> > leak, and it contains much more things :-) So, please, send a patch for
> > the leak, and then, when done, a different patch for the default value
> > implementation.
> >
> > But adding commented/unfinished code is not an option :-)
>
> It contains more than bug fixes because I started off in CVS HEAD
> mindset, and just happened to discover bugs as I go on.  Anyway, a
> patch with no mention of default_value follows.
>
> Some "FIXME" comments are left in the patch, pointing to bugs that
> exist in the original code.  Ideally, I should fix these bugs.  But
> just adding warning comments for now is better than doing nothing with
> them ;-).

now it looks ok, so please commit to HEAD.

I was thinking that the leak fix in gda-mysql-recordset could be
committed to the 1.0 branch. So, please, could you provide a patch for
the 1.0 branch containing ONLY the fix for that leak?

Thanks very much for the patch