Re: [gnome-db] Patch for const removal

> I don't understand why the const should be removed from all of the
> gda_value_*.

Vivian, I don't understand why either :-P.  I completely agree with
your view.  You should have jumped out and helped me earlier when
Rodrigo mandated that...

> those functions [gda_value_*] are wrong. As I said, all GNOME libs
> never use constas the object argument (object_whatever (Object
> *object...), so we shouldn't do the same.

For more of these arguments leading to this patch see this thread,

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-db-list/2003-October/msg00113.html

And to Rodrigo...

> > - -const GList *
> > +GList *
> >  gda_connection_get_errors (GdaConnection *cnc)
> >  {
> >  	g_return_val_if_fail (GDA_IS_CONNECTION (cnc), NULL);
> >
> this function should maintain the const, since what is returned is a
> private copy.

I was just carrying out your idea here.  Isn't GList one of your
"object_whatever"?  Didn't you say *all* GNOME libs never use const
objects?