RE: [gnome-db] install.sh

Tharnks, Rodrigo

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 11:19, Fernando Martins wrote:
> > I run configure (without any parameters) and got the error
> >
> > configure: loading site script /etc/config.site
> > configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..
> >
> > Any hints regarding this error?
> >
> hmm, this file is part of autoconf (or automake), so should be found if
> you've got both installed. Check the contents of the auto* packages
> you've installed.

Indeed, it is in several places. Unfortunately I don't know why it's not
being found. It was solved by installing gnome-common and running libgda's
autogen.sh.

Unfortunately, autogen.sh died when it tried to call /configure rather than
./configure. This is a quite strange, I thought the current directory would
be the default.

Anyway, I ran configure by hand and it exited with:

1)
./configure: line 19461: syntax error near unexpected token
`GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS(maximum)'
./configure: line 19461: `GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS(maximum)'

I commented out this statement and then got:

2)
configure: WARNING: Couldn't find scrollkeeper-config -- please install the
scrollkeeper package

I think this is need for the documentation, right? How can I skip the it?

3)
./configure: line 19461: syntax error near unexpected token
`GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS(maximum)'
./configure: line 19461: `GNOME_COMPILE_WARNINGS(maximum)'

Again, I commented out this statement and then got:

4)
*** Your version of pkg-config is too old. You need version 0.9.0 or newer.
*** See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig

This is strange as I've pkg-config 0.14. However, this version is tweaked by
Tor Lillqvist, so I'll ask in the gimpwin list. I simply took out the test
in configure and then I got:

5)
checking for LC_MESSAGES... no
checking libintl.h usability... no
checking libintl.h presence... no
checking for libintl.h... no

Do you know what is LC_MESSAGES and where does it come from?

libintl.h is installed. So some path is missing somewhere. Any idea
what/where to check?

> > Also, what are the usual parameters people use for configure?
> >
> --prefix
> --with-[mysql|postgres...]=

Any sugestion between MySQL, sqlite, mdb? any guess about which one could
give less trouble with libgda in Windows (from the POV of building, etc)? (I
don't care about features)

Cheers,
Fernando