Re: [gnome-db] Patch for parameters and doc

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 13:14, Xabier Rodríguez Calvar wrote:
> 	I send the patch for the GdaParameter class and some bugs in the doc.
>
> 	The changes to the GdaParameter class are only change the gda_parameter_new
> signature and to remove some checkings for null because we have the checking
> in every set method, so sometimes we didn't need them. The change in the
> signature method is only to get a GdaValue instead of a GdaValueType.
>
> 	I haven't compiled the library but if if has any error, I'm sure that it's
> not very difficult to fix it. And if anybody finds a broken link in the doc,
> or something, tell me it.

some comments:

 GdaParameter *
-gda_parameter_new (const gchar *name, GdaValueType type)
+gda_parameter_new (const gchar *name, GdaValue *value)
 {

I wouldn't use this at all. I would remove gda_parameter_new and add
gda_parameter_new_int/string/double..., and a
gda_parameter_new_from_value function. That would make the API more
consistent, and reduce confusion.

+#ifdef G_DISABLE_CONST_RETURNS
+#define G_CONST_RETURN
+#else
+#define G_CONST_RETURN const
+#endif
+

why do you need this? Isn't this already in glib headers?