Re: [gnome-db] oracle9i

On 26 Mar 2003 09:08:22 -0500
James Leigh <james2002 canada com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 07:18, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > afaik, it should work, since there haven't been incompatible changes
> > between 0.10 and 0.11, although, what do you want it for? Why not use
> > the same version (0.11) for both libgda and the oracle provider?
> >
> No redhat8 rpms for 0.11 yet.  Should I use the 0.10 source for oracle
> provider?

The functionality of the oracle provider in 0.10 does not allow you to do anything useful with mergeant, the GUI application for libgda and gnome-db.  Version 0.11 is still not complete but it is possible to use a subset of mergeants functonality with version 0.11.

> In file included from gda-oracle.h:39,
>                  from gda-oracle-provider.c:28:
> gda-oracle-provider.h:27:17: oci.h: No such file or directory

You should find the file at /opt/oracle/product/9.2.0/rdbms/demo/oci.h

If the file is not there then you need to check which Oracle options you have installed.  You need the option entitled "Oracle Call Interface (OCI)".

Steve.