[gnome-db] libgda in apps with own main event loop ?

Hi

I have an X application, which has it's own (non gtk/ non gnome / non
bonobo/ ....) main event loop. Is it possible to use libgda in such an
application ?

1)I thought about running the gda main event loop in a second thread of
my application, would that be possible ? Would it be possible to run
more than one gda main event loop in different threads ? (Since it is a
plugin, where I want to use libgda, I can't guarantee,that no other
plugin wants to do the same "hack").
2) My second thought has been running a second process and exchanging
data with a named pipe or shared memory.

which way is the better one ? Is there another way ?

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger