RE: [gnome-db] Multiple queries in report stuff

> This has the handicap that is a new way to work, so it could be rare for
> new users.
>
> Do you think that this could be interesting, or it's better not to
> reinvent the wheel and do the same that other engines ?

This is a very good idea and in fact not entirely new. MS Access report
system suports such a technique, except it's for GUI based reports. MS
Access 97 (I don't know about 2000 or XP) supports up to 2 levels of nested
reports.

Each sub-report has two properties, "Link Child Fields" and "Link Master
Fields", in which you list the matching fields from the parent/child
reports. Each one uses a normal query (not grouped) and MS Access
transparently applies a filter to the child query (like you did
"bank_id=:query_bank.id_bank").

It's too good an idea. Don't loose it ;-).

Cheers,
Fernando