[gnome-db] invalid character in key/directory names

I walk all the way through creating a data source definition and then get -

Bad key or directory name:
 "/apps/libgda/Datasources/Horde (Live)/Provider": ` ' is an invalid character
in key/directory names
Bad key or directory name:
 "/apps/libgda/Datasources/Horde (Live)/DSN": ` ' is an invalid character in
key/directory names
Bad key or directory name:
 "/apps/libgda/Datasources/Horde (Live)/Description": ` ' is an invalid
character in key/directory names

Seems like the data source configurator should stop me from entering illegal
characters in the data source name up front,  or at least tell me what the
illegal characters are.