[gnome-db] libgda and unixODBC?

I'm using libgda 1.0.2, unixODBC 2.2.6, and PostgreSQL 7.3.2 on SuSE Linux 8.2. I can open a connection with the PostgreSQL provider, but not with the ODBC provider. The ultimate goal is to connect to a DBMS that only supports ODBC.

I'm using a simple C program that calls gda_init(), gda_client_new(), and gda_client_open_connection() or gda_client_open_connection_from_string(). When using an ODBC provider, the latter two calls always return 0.

The following is logged by the driver manager (I think) in /tmp/sql.log:

  [ODBC][5683][SQLConnect.c][3205]
    Entry:
      Connection = 0x8054f18
      Server Name = [NULL]
      User Name = [NULL]
      Authentication = [NULL]

When I do an strace, I see a read() on odbcinst.ini, but just an access() and a stat64() on odbc.ini.