Re: [gnome-db] Issues with mergeant

> that what I wanted to check, and if I can to help get it working.

One basic and important feature we talked ago on the list is to make the
existence of the data dictionnary transparent to the user of Mergeant (and
to other apps that could use libmergeant).

The data dictionnary is implemented as a MgConf GObject (defined in
libmergeant), and can be save to an XML file using mg_conf_save_xml_file()
and loaded back using mg_conf_load_xml_file().

The idea to hide the dictionnary is:
-> create a .libmergeant if it does not exist (or use the existing .libgda?)
-> store and load the XML files into that directory
-> map each datasource with a .XML file (using a config.xml file like the
one in .libgda)
-> implement all this in new methods in MgConf:
    gchar *mg_conf_get_datasource_map (MgConf *conf, const gchar
*datasource, gboolean create_if_needed);
    void   mg_conf_remove_datasource_map (MgConf *conf, const gchar
*datasource);

mg_conf_get_datasource_map:
---------------------------
returns the XML filename which contains the data dictionnary to be loaded
for the corresponding datasource, or NULL if there is none.
If 'create_if_needed' is TRUE, then add an entry in the map for the
datasource if there is none and return the filename which sould be used
with this datasource (instead of retuning NULL).

mg_conf_remove_datasource_map:
simply removes any mapping for the given datasource.

I wanted to work on this but I have not had the time... doing this is a
good simple task to do!

Tell me if you need more information,

Cheers,