RE: [gnome-db] MySQL client API is GPL, not LGPL

El jue, 11-12-2003 a las 23:56, Murray Cumming Comneon com escribió:

> MySQL are a bit inept. I think they mean "GPL", not "Open source". They have
> clearly stated that the MySQL client libs are GPL/
>
> http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/2573
> http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/155481

Ugh... :(

> I think they are trying to get some special exemption, but it seems to have
> stopped RedHat from shipping the MYSQL client libs and php4-mysql.

Okay, then I think it's time to remove mysql provider from the default.
Just let it there for people wanting to build by themselves and
distribute it apart from the rest (and with a big banner about this
issue).

-Gonzalo

--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/