Re: [gnome-db] Announcement - php_gnomedb

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 10:39, Danilo =?UTF-8?Q?Schoeneberg=F6neberg?=
wrote:
> Hello Crew,
>

> After clearing initial details with Rodrigo, I'm posting the
> announcement for a 4th component of gnome-db here for public
> consumption.
>
> php_gnomedb will be a php extension module that makes the libgda
> available to php. In a first step there'll be the "usual suspects" of
> functions that all database modules have, like

cool! Go Danilo Go!

> ???_connect()
> ???_select_db()
> ???_fetch_array() ... etc... yadda yadda.
>
> so that gnome-db can easily be used as a substitute for any other of
> the php database layers.
> A second more complex step will make the whole types and functions
> galore of libgda available as php functions/types.
>
> ---
>
> The first phase is planned to take about 4-5 weeks, with a first pre-
> view release being CVS'ed before the end of august. Any input, hints,
> suggestions, praisings, flames is appreciated.

I suggest you put things in CVS as soon as you can, so that other people
that might be interested can get involved.

Also, you could talk with Sterling Hughes (sterling bumblebury com), a
PHP developer I met some time ago, and who was interested in doing
something similar.