[gnome-db] Re: GNOME-DB.

El jue, 07-08-2003 a las 16:48, hanava smith escribió:
> Hi all,

Hi

> I need to create a database running in the Linux
> server, Mandrake for the following purpose:
> 1. Logging failure in my working place.
> 2. Send that info to a number of persons within
> company whose systems are running in the Windows
> environment.
>
> My question for you is that GNOME-BD is the right
> tool?

Hmmm, GNOME-DB is a set of libraries to use databases, you can use it
for that task if you develop an application to do it (I don't think that
something like that exists now using GNOME-DB)

> If it's then where can I learn how to create that kind
> of database?

You need first an application to do it, if you will develop it ask again
and we could try to help you with any question you have.

> Any book, website you think I should read in order to
> learn for this job?

If you want learn more things about GNOME-DB you can go to
http://www.gnome-db.org

Also, you can use the gnome-db mailing list (you can subscribe at
http://lists.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-db-list) there are other
programmers and perhaps they can help you much more than us.

> Thanks for all.

Cheers.