Re: [gnome-db] parameters in SQL commands

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 13:39, Margus Väli wrote:

> Architecture and corresponding paramether symbol:
> JDBC: ?
> ODBC: ?
>
> I'd vote for '?', but I'm not sure what are the pros and cons.

the main con I find here is how to associate the placeholders with the
parameters, except by position. That is, if we use ?, we alsways have to
bind by position, since we don't know to which ? symbol corresponds each
parameter on the parameter list. Whereas if we use :name, we can easily
bind by name, and find immediately missing parameters.