Re: [gnome-db] Question on how to use CVS Install

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 04:21, edward wrote:
> The CVS download gives me three directories for libgda, etc.   However,
> I can't figure out the next step since there is no "configure" or "make"
> available.  There is an "autogen.sh"  However, when I try to run this, I
> get an error message complaining that I have not given it the right file
> name as a parameter.  What is the correct install procedure from the CVS
> download?

the correct install procedure is to go over the 3 directories (in this
order: libgda, libgnomedb, mergeant) and run, on each of them:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/prefix/to/install
make
make install

if that fails, please send the output with the exact error messages.