[gnome-db] FW: [gimpwin-dev] iconv.dll should be libiconv.dll??

FYI,
Fernando

-----Original Message-----
From: Tor Lillqvist
Fernando Martins writes:
 > Please note that in your porting web page you are saying
 >
 > "With gcc, you should use the -mno-cygwin and -fnative-struct flags."
 >
 > From what I understand, the web page looks inconsistent with your comment
 > above, ie, from the web page I understood you used the cygwin development
 > environment and specifically gcc -mno-cygwin -fnative-struct.

Yes, there is a slight confusion, I currently use the mingw compiler,
for which the -mno-cygwin switch of course is unnecessary. But I
*think* (haven't had time to check) that using a recent gcc 2.95.x in
Cygwin with -mno-cygwin would be equivalent.

 > Also, what about autotools? Are you using those from cygwin in
combination
 > with the Mingw compiler?

I am using CVS versions of the autotools and libtool... but haven't
updated them for some months I think. Sigh. This is a mess (as Cameron
Gregory has noticed). I really should investigate whether it would be
OK to use what is currently the latest available auto* stuff in
Cygwin, then others could be sure they have the same versions as I do.

 > In order to compile and use libgda I need:
 > - glib, libiconv, libintl from your packages

 > - intltool, docbookx412, scrollkeeper which I was able to compile from
 > source in cygwin but I don't know about mingw. What do you think?

intltool are shell and Perl scripts, no problem using the Cygwin sh
and perl to run them.

Dunno anything about the others, sorry. As always, porting to mingw
might be a nightmare if the software in question uses Unix
functionality heavily.

 > What do you say?

You have to try and see what happens...

--tml