Re: [gnome-db] gda-report-document

El mar, 29-10-2002 a las 18:35, Santi Camps escribió:
> El lun, 28-10-2002 a las 20:23, Rodrigo Moya escribió:
> > On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 19:41, Santi Camps wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have been viewing the code of gda-report.dtd and gda-report-document.*, in order to continue the development of gda-reports.
> > >
> > > I see that GdaReportDocument inherits from GdaXmlDocument, but it also have a private struct with a property for each attribute defined in the DTD.  I also see that there are enum's defined for some of these attributes.
> > >
> > > I am asking myself, it could be better not to have these enum's and private struct, and store data directly in the xmlDoc ?  Attributes assignments could also be validated using the DTD and libxml, I think.   Thus, there would be no duplicated information in the data type, and maintaning the information could be easier (now, creating a GdaReportDocument from an file or using _set_ funcitons store the data in diferent places).
> > >
> > > What do you thing about this?
> > >
> > the purpose of the private structure is to hide implementation details.
> > Internally, you can use whatever you want (a xmlDocPtr directly looks
> > fine to me), but always keep the private structure so that you store
> > there any internal data. Doing so prevents illegal accesses to the
> > struct's members.
> >

> That's right, but I see that GdaXmlDocument has not a private structure,
> but some public xmlDocPtr, xmlDtdPtr, etc.  I also see that nobody else
> inside gnome-db is using GdaXmlDocument, so I am thinking to make some
> changes in it, like put data in a private structure and try to implement
> some validations against a DTD.  Is there any inconvenience ?

Ok, then if I understand you right you are proposing to use the own .xml
file as the way to manage the report (the file format is also the work
format). right?

It's ok for me.

If it's possible to do some DTD validation directly to be able to fill
the xml document only with valid data, it will be perfect.

Thanks!!

P.S.: I will restart my report work soon, please tell me any progress
about this issue so we can work together.

> Cheers

See you.