[gnome-db] Design issues about build providers

I'm working on LDAP provider, but it stopped me in a design issue
when I was programming gda_ldap_provider_get_schema (the
implementation of provider_class->get_schema).

According to other providers I see that depending of the
schema required is the GdaDataModel returned, this DataModel
is created as required and only the connection is kept.

At moment, I can get the tables (objectClasses), but I
can't get *only one* table to get their columns or fields
(attributeType required and allowed).  By the way, when
I get all tables I know the fields of each one.  So,
my chance is read the first time all data and keep them in
a hash, tree or list.

But, I don't know what is the better moment to read all
of them: after connect, when the schema is required or
anything else.  Also, I don't know if this kind of
implementarion is allowed, because if the the schema
changes it could be necessary to re-read all schema.
In LDAP is not a common task, specially with OpenLDAP
where the catalog (schema) is read-only, its mean
that isn't possible create new tables (objectClass)
with the protocol.

I'll appreciate any comments that tell me if I'm right or
wrong, or any idea to get a better implementation of this
provider.

Thanks in advance.

--
German Poo Caaman~o