Re: [gnome-db] TYPE_NULL

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 15:13, Gonzalo Paniagua Javier wrote:
> 	Hi!
>
> 	If I receive a null value in a column defined to have, for
> 	example, timestamp values, the type of the GdaField for that
> 	column should be GDA_TYPE_TIMESTAMP and its value NULL. Is this
> 	correct?

I think you should use TYPE_NULL, so that the client side knows that it
is a NULL value.

If not, the client would never know that it is a NULL value, unless we
specify a set of values for specifying NULL for each data type, which
looks like a lot of work.

The client has the description of the table in the FieldAttributes, so
it always knows what the column type is. The Value on the other hand, is
just the value for a specific row,col, so I think the best way is to use
GDA_TYPE_NULL for NULL values, but always specifying the correct data
type in the FieldAttributes struct contained within each Field.