Re: [gnome-db] SCHEMA_TYPES

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 15:13, Gonzalo Paniagua Javier wrote:
> 	Hi!
>
> 	I'm adding the SCHEMA_TYPES funcionality to the postgres
> 	provider and... Wouldn't it be nice to add a second field called
> 	"Description" which contains the description of the "Type"?

yes, that's the purpose of the GdaParameterList parameter. It will
contain a list of extra parameters, and one of them will be
"extra_info", in which case, you should return, not only the
description, but also other fields. This is to be defined yet, but I
suppose we'll use the same as we are using for GNOME 1.x.

In any case, for the time being, please just ignore the "extra_info"
parameter, and just return a single list of type names, as is done in
MySQL.

I'll try to port the docs on schemas to the GNOME 2 version soon, so
that we can start implementing all the extra parameters stuff.