Re: [gnome-db] help, please!!

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 05:05, Ramsés Morales wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I can't beleive this is so difficult, maybe I'm tired.
>
> I have libgda and gnome-db installed, compiled to work with postgresql.
>
> What do I have to do to connect to PostgreSQL with gnome-fe?? Do I have
> to edit a file or what??
>
> I tried this on the connect dialog on the GDA input:
> OAFIID:GNOME_GDA_Provider_Postgres_ConnectionFactory;DATABASE=revistas;HOST=localhost
> also tried this:
> OAFIID:GNOME_GDA_Provider_Postgres_ConnectionFactory
>
> ...but nothing happens
>
> How can I connect to postgresql??

you must create a data source before connecting. For this, just click on
'Manager' in the shortcut bar, and then, in the small toolbar that is
displayed in the workarea, select 'New data source'. This will run a
wizard that will guide you through the process of creating the data
source.

Then, just try to connect again as you did, and select the newly created
data source.