Re: [gnome-db] Starting GnomeDB on FreeBSD to administer PostGreSQL...

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 14:24, Dennis B. wrote:
> Wrote about this a while back and received some helpful responses, but
> nevertheless decided to wait for some further releases before just
> intuitively trying it again...  And I'm still having problems just
> apparently even starting GnomeDB-0.2.90_3 on FreeBSD version 4.4 to
> administer PostGreSQL-7.1.3!!!

Have you tried a newer version of libgda and gnomedb which is 0.2.95?

gnomedb-fe can be started with no arguments.

Make sure the PostgreSQL postmaster is running before logging in.

> gchar *pg_provider = "OAFIID:GNOME_GDA_Provider_Postgres_ConnectionFactory";

Do not use:
  gchar *pg_provider =
"OAFIID:GNOME_GDA_Provider_Postgres_ConnectionFactory";

Use this instead:
  gchar *pg_provider = "OAFIID:GNOME_GDA_Provider_Postgres_Connection";

Notice the "Factory" part is missing.

Try to download the examples eg.tar.gz or eg.zip and use those instead
of copying and pasting from Brian Jepson's article.