RE: [gnome-db] cygwin update

Margus Väli:

> I have cygwin development packages installed in the same
> place as gtk-2, have PATH environment variable contain
> both /usr/bin and /usr/lib (c:\cygwin\ prefix locally).
>
> Since cygwin doesn't have scrollkeeper, I installed from
> source, builds ok, but I had to add -lintl to
> scrollkeeper_tree_separate_LDADD in scrollkeeper/buildtools/Makefile.

You mean "scrollkeeper_tree_separate_LDADD = -lintl $(LDADD)" ?

> Scrollkeeper depends on docbookx412.

To install docbookx412 I had also to modify Makefile to comment these two
lines:

	#chown -R root.root .
	#chmod -R a+rX,g-w,o-w .

One question: do I need to install the docbook stylesheets?

I'm stuck now with the make in scrollkeeper:

Making all in buildtools
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/fmartins/scrollkeeper-0.3.11/buildtools'
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -o
scrollkeeper-tree-separate.exe  s
eparate.o -lintl -lxml2 -L/usr/lib -lxslt -lxml2 -lz -lm
../libs/libscrollkeeper
.la
libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libiconv.la'
make[2]: *** [scrollkeeper-tree-separate.exe] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/fmartins/scrollkeeper-0.3.11/buildtools'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fmartins/scrollkeeper-0.3.11'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

iconv looks to be installed in \bin and \lib. Why is it looking in /usr/lib?

> Additionally, intltool and gnome-common were installed from source.

What's gnome-common needed for?

> With libgda, you apply the patch attached (./configure didn't
> find postgres libs, but that needs further investigation).

I've not yet arrived here...

Thanks,

Fernando