[gnome-db] GUADEC

Hi

I've been these last days in Sevilla for the GUADEC conference
(http://www.guadec.org), and it's been pretty good for gnome-db. There
are a lot of news, which are really cool. Here they are:

* Jorge, our webmaster wants to leave his webmaster duties and work on
UI and usability stuff for GNOME-DB. So, let's cheer for him and let's
buy him some beers :-), since we really need UI work. Also, Alvaro,
another Spanish guy said he's gonna help something in that

* there is a decision to put some work in getting a GNOME Office-1.0 out
soon, with some integration between all the apps included. Of course, we
are going to push gnome-db into that and make all the work needed to
integrate with all apps.

* people from rhythm-box (an MP3 collection program) want to use libgda
with an embedded DBMS, such as SQLite, which we already support. Work
should be done to make the SQLite provider work in GNOME 2 and implement
as much features as they need, and also to make this provider as
featured as any other one, since it might be very useful to lots of
projects like this one.

* there is a Spanish company (http://www.isotrol.com) that might put
some help into gnome-db, since they might need it for their own
projects.

* it seems there is some work being done in the Apache project about
database stuff ? I was told that, so it might be good to investigate to
see what that is.