Re: [gnome-db] Help Me DSN postgres!

On Tue, 2001-09-18 at 23:52, ALEXANDER DAVID CRUZ MARQUEZ wrote:
> Hello Friends
>
> Am I new in the libgda use and gnome-db, did he want that they
> collaborated me, explaining to me how the name of the host settles down
> in the which he is the database system in the DSN, in this case
> postgresql?.

I don't understand very well what you mean, but I suppose you want to
set up a data source to access your PostgreSQL database. In that case, a
DSN string like:

DATABASE=mydb;HOST=myhost

should be enough for any PostgreSQL database. You can set it up from the
GNOME-DB front-end, in the manager tab. There, if you press the 'New
data source' button on the small toolbar, a wizard will show up, and
help you in setting the data source up.

does this answer your question?