Re: [gnome-db] uninstallable libgda0-0...rpm

M8.1 has a software manager to install the rpms... I
advice you to use it... It works fine.
You may use urpmi -v too... Maybe you know this
command... But the advantage is that it will tell you
why you cann't install those rpm... (yesterday I had a
problem in installing opera static.rpm... It said "no
libXm..." well after trying to install few rpms I
didn't success... Then I used urpmi -v and I got the
answer : you must install lesstif and in answering yes
it does it and asked me for the right cdrom !!!
I fear that if they are not "native" M8.1 there might
be a problem of compiler or gcc version as M8.1 uses
2.96 (the rubish one.. lol)
Hope it will be usefull to you :)
Henri

--- Lawrence Harriott <co2gn hotmail com> a écrit :
<HR>
<P>I am trying to install libgda0-0.2.10-2mdk.i586.rpm
on mandrake 8.1 without success.&nbsp; I have
downloaded this package from four different mirrors
with the same result.&nbsp; </P>
<P>Can you give me a reliable source for this package
or another way to install it?&nbsp; And is there an
updated package that should be used instead?</P>
<P>Thanks</P>
<P>Lawrence<BR><BR></P></DIV></div><br
clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer
at <a