Re: [gnome-db] Re: Welcome to the "gnome-db-list" mailing list (Digest mode)

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 16:15, Aditya Gilra wrote:
> ||Shriharih||
>
> God-Remembrance.
> > yes, they do exist, but they're incomplete. They
> > are, in CVS, under
> > libgda/bindings/python.
> >
> > Basic stuff should work (not sure, since I haven't
> > used them myself),
> > but it's missing quite some stuff.
>
> I was atually wondering about python support for the
> gnome-db widgets with glade & libglade - for RAD.
>
> How tough will it be to write if they don't exist?

it would be as easy/difficult as it would be for wrapping any other
GTK-based library in python. So, if this is easy (I don't know enough
about python), it should be really easy to do it.

If you want it short-term, you'll probably want to do those bindings for
the GNOME 1.x version. But, I would suggest, if you don't mind, that you
did the development for GNOME 2.0 version, which is where all effort is
being put on gnome-db/libgda development these days.