[gnome-db]Re: libgda,sgml freshen

On 17 May 2001 04:40:55 +0200, Sean Allen wrote:
> Hi,
> Have hacked this one quite a bit, I am starting to get the hang of
> Docbook now ;)
> also included for convieninence is the fdl-appendix.sgml include that
> needs to be checked into cvs both inside the libgda nad gnome-db /doc/C
> dirs, I will patch the gnome-db doc to include it rather than the
> hatchet job I did
> normally this lives in cvs at gnome-docu/gdp/fdl-appendix.sgml

ok, it's now in CVS, and will be published tonight (European time) on
the web site.

> Changes
> --  Worked on some Syntax and English
> --  Entity referenced most words, to include markup that may be useful
> with speech based Styles
> --  Markup and structure now conforms to GDP suggestions
> --  played with tables (what an extremly unfriendly API)
> *** this still needs some work
> *** table 5.3 is very dodgy, there is basically too much
> *** information on it, it looks fine in HTML, but not in print
> *** could one of the developers look at this and see if we can come up
> *** with a way of presenting the infomation differently.
> (so much for seperating content and style ;)

I suppose you mean table 5.2 (the one with the constraints). I guess
you're right, and that there's too much info on that table. But, this is
all the info that must be shown in that table, so the best thing would
be to change it to something else. Maybe an <itemizedlist>?

> right, users guide next.
>
> also, have any of the api's/information changed that might need to go
> into docs, if so, let me know.

not much, specially since those docs don't include too much detail about the API
:-)
Well, you might want to include stuff about the default provider, which
is only mentioned in the 'provider's specific information' part.

cheers & thanks for the help

--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/