Re: [gnome-db]gnome_db_browser_set_connection

On 29 Mar 2001 01:22:14 +0200, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a question about gnome_db_browser_set_connection. I can easely
> set a new connection and gnome_db_browser refreshes automaticaly, but
> when I want to close a connection and first call
> gnome_db_browser_set_connection (browser, NULL) the browser does not
> refresh. Any tips?

yes, I just had a look at the code, and if the connection is valid, it shows

its contents, if not, it does nothing. So, it's broken. I could do an
ugly hack to fix this, but I'm going to rework a bit the GnomeDbBrowser
widget instead, since it's very basic and ugly. So, for the moment, what
I'd do is to destroy the old GnomeDbBrowser and create a new one when
the connection is closed.

One thing I'm going to add when reworking the browser widget is to have
it connect to the "close" signal of the Gda_Connection, so that it
refreshes itself when the connection is closed.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/