Re: [gnome-db]Re: [Glade-devel] how to extend gnome-db support?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Damon Chaplin wrote:

> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > what about the GnomeDbDataControl we talked about? it could be a GtkInvisible-based
> > widget which you can put in your window, and then have the other GnomeDb widgets
> > reference that widget?
>
> I like the idea of having a 'Data Source' object which all the DB
> widgets
> get their DB configuration info from.
>
> But it is a bit harder to use invisible widgets like you can in
> Delphi/VB,
> due to the container-based layout that GTK+ uses. Where do you put the
> invisible widget?
>
> Maybe we should just have a 'Data Source' property for each GnomeDB
> widget
> in which you select a named data source (possibly using a GtkCombo).
> It could also have a '...' button on the right where you can create/edit
> the data source information. And we could also have a menu command
> 'Edit Data Sources' or something.

I added a function called  'property_add_connection' to property.c which
looks and behave like you have described it. But now I got stuck because I wanted
to use 'Gda_Connection' but for this I needed gnome-db.h included, which I
guess is not so desirable. What should I do now? Create a special
version of property.c or try to avoid to use Gda_Connection. For the
last proposal I am not sure what you would like to have... please
enligthenment me :)

wagi

--
Daniel Wagner
email: wagi gmx ch

GnuPG: 1024D/DCDE890A (public key available on any keyserver)