[no subject]

and all of them suffer from platform-dependence

> > We're also working on a report engine. So, Carlos, maybe you could talk
> > with Philippe to see if we can have something useful for both projects,
> > if possible. In fact, we're also planning to use XSLT (with XML, not
> > with LaTeX)
>
> Printing without LaTeX ?
> I think it's really important to have a human readable file before the
> printer.

we use XML as the output, and then convert to different formats to be
printed: HTML, LaTeX, PDF, PS, etc

> About the report system, I'm inspirated by glade, by framemaker and
> presentation software.
> I think a GUI for building xsl file or LaTeX class is the solution for all
> publication problem (paper/web, listing/presentation, ...).

yes, more or less, we also think the same, but we also think that it
shouldn't be a standalone app, but a complete network-transparent
CORBA-based
engine